Q. We are experiencing turnover levels of nearly 300% and we’re at our wits end about what to do. We’re attempting to start by identifying what factors lead to turnover with call center agents. Can you advise on factors that lead to turnover in call centers?
Myra’s answer to What factors impact turnover for call center agents?
According to Brad Cleveland of the Incoming Calls Institute, there are twelve typical causes of call center turnover, including:
- Pace of effort required
- Sense of powerlessness or lack of control
- Frustration of not being allowed to do a good job
- Daily physical confinement (tied to their desk)
- The feeling of being spied on
- The feeling of not being appreciated by others in the organization
- Handling complaints and problems all day
- Odd work hours
- Better opportunities elsewhe
I love to answer your questions. Email your questions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.