Myra Golden Customer Service Training Highlight
Verbal Aikido: A non-aggressive, highly effective strategy for handling difficult customers
Thanks to the Internet and social media, customers are more savvy now than ever before. Although this sounds like a good thing, the net result is an increase in stress for frontline customer service professionals. According to Newsweek magazine, the stress level of consumer services professionals is comparable to that of air-traffic controllers and police officers. In short, the role of customer service now ranks as one of the 10 most stressful jobs in the U.S.
In this keynote Myra Golden reveals that extremely difficult customers are determined to force corporations—via the customer service professional—to give in to the consumer demands—reasonable or not. This means the customer service professional must develop a response plan.
Myra, a former global head of customer care, teaches leaders how to achieve harmony with dissatisfied and difficult customers through the use of empathy, conversational aikido and a solid recovery strategy.
The outcome of this keynote is an audience that is prepared to develop a customer-recovery plan that empowers customer service professionals to understand how to create calm; how to find resolutions that balance the interests of the customer and the company; how to reduce escalations; and how to create a positive conversation.
“If your organization’s growth relies on improving the customer experience, you would benefit enormously from an engagement with Myra Golden. Her vast hands-on experience in a wide variety of service organizations differentiates herself from many other consultants we have worked with in the past. Our organization has utilized Myra’s online webinars with outstanding results as well. Very high value for your consulting dollar.“
Former Director, Customer Service, Audit, Admin at The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co.
- Learn exactly what it takes to restore customer confidence and regain goodwill after a service failure.
- Examine the 6 steps for a customer recovery plan that empowers employees with excellent decision-making and judgment skills, resolves problems at the first encounter and restores customer trust.
- Discover how your employees can communicate assertively, create calm and take control with difficult customers by using conversational aikido.
- Explore ways to build stronger emotional connections with customers through Extreme Empathy
- Execute your new customer recovery strategy faster by using a new fiercely focused project plan that gets all of your horses going in the same direction.
“I am still receiving compliments on your polished and actionable presentation! You are a complete professional who can connect with your audience through warmth and deep knowledge. I hope to have you back again!”
Michelle Singer, President, American Marketing Association – Tulsa Chapter
Videos discussing key points from Myra’s Verbal Aikido training workshop
This video is about the Aikido principle of “don’t push”
This video is about the Yielding technique, another Verbal Aikido principle Myra’s participants learn in the Verbal Aikido workshop
Customer Experience Designer & Professional Speaker
Myra Golden Media
Visit Myra’s Keynote Speaking & Customer Service Training website: www.MyraGolden.com
Connect with Myra on Twitter: @myragolden.