Part of what makes me good at what I do is I genuinely hate poor customer service. As it turns out, I’m not the only one who gets irritated with bad customer service.
Research by RightNow Technologies found that after suffering a negative experience with a company or organization:
• 80% of US adults decided to never go back to that company;
• 74% registered a complaint or told others;
• 47% swore and/or shouted;
• 29% have had a headache, felt their chest tighten and/or cried;
• 13% posted a negative online review or blog entry – think Yelp or TripAdvisor…
In addition, after a negative customer experience, 34% have fantasized about emailing friends, family or colleagues asking them to boycott the company or organization. 12% have dreamed of picketing and/reward them.
Don’t let your customer service be so bad it makes people cry, cuss, tweet or shout. Show your employees how to talk to customers and how to handle angry customers.
Sign up for my free on-demand webinar and learn 4 ways to establish rapport with callers, discover Disney’s “3 o-clock Parade” strategy and see what Gumby can teach you about the telephone customer experience. Watch this 60-minute video now or share it with your employees.