A bright young Generation Z professional approached me after a customer service workshop last week in Atlanta and asked me for advice.
Here’s one of the smart questions she asked me, “What books would you recommend that my younger self, say my senior year in college, should read? What books would position me to be the most successful version of myself?”
This is the list I had her type out on her iPhone right there in the conference ballroom.
1. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
2. Presence by Amy Cuddy
3.Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
4. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
5. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
6. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
7. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
8. Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
9. I Can’t Make This Stuff Up: Life Lessons by Kevin Hart (Get the audiobook for this one!)
Even if you’re in mid-life, like me, these books will propel you to reach your full potential in business.