“I was very pleased with Myra’s presentation, but even more so, I was left with a sense of new energy and desire to put her recommendations to use. I can’t wait for Monday.”
Tim O’Laughlin, The Coca-Cola Company
Myra Golden’s engaging training with your employees focuses on the soft elements of service – the sound, flow, and feel, so that your employees go back to work fully prepared and inspired to express the soul of your brand over every contact channel, and assured in their ability to handle challenging customers.
“I found Myra to be engaging and insightful. Not only did she share very helpful tips but her desire to help others is so genuine.” – Rebecca Eastham, Executive Director, Business and Industry Services for Meridian Technology Center
What Makes Myra’s Training Different?
“One of her most impressive acts of preparation was the fact that she had done prior research on our organization so the teaching would directly relate to our company. This created a feeling that we had known Myra for years. Throughout the day, she presented useful information with a lively, upbeat style that kept us motivated. Humorous anecdotes were thrown into her lecture and lightened the mood of all who heard her.”
Susan Lipe A.V.P./Regional Manager Arvest Bank
A fun, revealing team-building exercise Myra facilitated in a recent customer service workshop!
- Workshop attendees have said, “Myra’s positive attitude really makes me feel that one person can completely change another’s state of being” and “Each one of us walked away with something new, and all of us feel we could have sat and listened to her for days!”
- Myra customizes your training to your objectives. She meets with your management team before the workshop to discuss your challenges and goals. For contact center clients, Myra likes to review a random sample of phone calls to help her understand where you are today.
- Your people will be involved and engaged! Workshops include interactive learning activities, short video clips, guided small group discussions, and workbooks.
- Myra is known for her high engagement, stories and humor – your employees will love spending the day with her!
Your employees will be engaged, and they’ll have fun!
These Fantastic Brands Have Enjoyed Myra’s Customized Engaging Training Workshops.
“The customized tools and lessons presented by Myra Golden transcended the typical ‘training class’ and was truly a professional development event.
Our associates were immediately empowered to create more memorable service experiences for our customers even before the applause faded. As stated by one associate “Myra Golden captured our attention from the moment she started to speak, until the very end! I feel privileged to have been a part of the training!”
Sr. Vice President, Partner Solutions for Life, Claims and Distribution
Lincoln Financial Group
“I appreciated all the pre-work you did to learn about McDonald’s training and operational procedures. You did a great job of customizing your training to meet our specific needs. Also, it appeared as though the entire group was completely engaged and thoroughly enjoyed the training.”
Senior Manager, Customer Satisfaction, McDonald’s Corporation
Sample Myra’s Style here:
“I have attended many customer service trainings and I have worked in customer relations for many years. Today I learned more in a few hours than I ever could have imagined! And the way Myra presented the information was wonderful.”
All of Myra’s workshops include comprehensive workbooks and lots of learning activities
Myra delivered two full-day workshops for us, and we could not be more pleased. She took the time to listen to our needs and created workshops that combined her expert knowledge with the specific customer-service ethos we want ingrained in our employees.
Our attendees had this to say about Myra:
Myra held everyone’s attention. Her personal stories and experiences were insightful and valuable.
I have been through other customer service related seminars and Myra’s by far was the best I have ever completed!
I felt the small group discussions were a great way to get my thoughts and ideas across in a safe, friendly environment
Myra is a wonderful and engaging speaker.
Amy Spence, Training Service Manager, West Education Group
Customer Service Training Topics
Myra will create your training around one or more of the following topics:
To help you get a feel for Myra’s content and her engaging style, we’ve included short video descriptions under select customer service training topics. You’re welcome. 🙂
- Customer Experience Over the Telephone – So your employees can make a great first impression over the phone and end calls on a positive note
- How to Talk to Customers – So your employees can master the human relations skills that it takes to consistently deliver a delightful customer experience
Imagine how Myra will deliver the exact soft skills your employees need while she resonates with your employees. Here are three minutes of Myra’s content and style.
- Empathy – So your employees instinctively put themselves in your customer’s shoes and respond with more care, concern, and friendliness
- How to Handle Difficult Customers: 5 Verbal Aikido principles from Myra’s Verbal Aikido Training – So your employees are confident, assertive and in control when dealing with angry and agitated customers
- Call Control – So your employees can politely control calls with storytellers, ramblers, and whiners
- Email Writing: 3 elements of a great email customer experience – So your employees can craft personable emails that reflect your brand voice
- How to De-escalate – So your employees can gracefully respond to the customer who demands to speak to a supervisor and they can assertively keep customers from escalating in aggression or anger
- How to Deliver Bad News to a Customer: The 3 keys doctors use to give bad news – So your employees can deliver bad news with confidence and without fear of negative backlash
- Complaint Handling – So your employees can handle problems in such a way that they completely restore customer confidence after a service failure
Customer Service Workshops are delivered in 2-hour, 4-hour or full-day format, depending on the objectives you and Myra set together.
Typical Training Design
Myra’s customized training usually works like this:
- Define the Problem You Need to Solve
- Determine Outcomes – what you want your employees to know, feel, and do as a result of Myra’s training
- Answer the Question, “How will we know we’re successful?”
- Design Options to Reach Your Objectives
- Develop Content and Learning Activities
- Facilitate Training
“Wonderful, practical useful information for our entire group.”
Laurie Garcia, Team Lead
Frito-Lay North America
Your people won’t be bored! Watch as Myra talks about how she gets engagement in her training sessions
“I really enjoyed Myra’s explanations and “hands-on” activities which really drove home the points of how to provide the best customer service.”
Elizabeth Price, Estee Lauder
“Myra Golden’s training on harmony truly impacted the way our Customer Agents monitor all interactions with our Customers. She provided several tools to help the team further develop and hone their skill sets. Just this week, one of our Specialists mentioned that she carefully monitors and reviews all written communication now, implementing some of the skills she learned as a result of the training.”
Susan Campbell, Director, Customer Experience, Vera Bradley
This Video Shows You How Fun and Interactive a Myra Golden Training Is!
Working in small groups, participants in one of Myra’s Verbal Aikido workshops (aka handling difficult customers) were asked to share the best responses they had successfully used in response to a customer who was yelling or cursing.
This video reveals the top 7 responses from this bright group of customer service professionals.
“Myra is such a dynamic speaker! Our audience was engaged the entire time; they LOVED Myra! We will recommend her again and again!” – Deann McKeever, VP and COO, Stillwater Chamber of Commerce
“Myra Golden gave the Keynote Address at our 2017 ICAE (Insurance Consumer Affairs Exchange) in Pittsburgh, PA this past September. It was the best received address in our recent history due to the pertinence of the subject matter and the interaction with our member audience. This is the second time in recent years that Myra had addressed our group and we hope to have her back in future years. Myra did her homework prior to her address by interviewing members on what kept them awake at night. I would highly recommend Myra as a talented, spirited, interpersonal speaker.”
Director, Insurance Consumer Affairs Exchange (ICAE)
“Myra’s program was excellent! One of the best training sessions we have attended -well presented. The session was very beneficial to our everyday job!”
Michelin North America
If you’re not completely satisfied with our engaging, customized training, and the results our training brings, we insist that you let us know. We’ll help you make our training work for your employees, or we’ll eagerly refund your money.
How to Work With Myra
Reach out to me and tell me about the problem you’re trying to solve. I’ll set up a short 30-minute call so we can determine if we’re a good fit for working together to improve your customer experience. If the conversation tells us both that working together makes sense, I’ll send a proposal, and within a few weeks, we’ll be designing your customized onsite or online training.