Extremely Essential Skills for Chat Agents
Proven Strategies for Making Emotional Connections and Delivering an Outstanding Customer Experience Over Chat
On-demand webinar training. Available for immediate download.
In this training experience, you and your team will review actual chat transcripts from amazing companies to learn exactly how they make personal emotional connections, make customers feel completely taken care of and leave customers saying, “Wow!” After exploring great chat examples, Myra will reveal her 7-point blueprint for delivering the best possible chat experience and she’ll leave you with a training and coaching strategy to get your Reps ready to go.
Get the chat started off right with an upbeat tone and by establishing rapport
- Skip a wordy greeting and offer help right away…because that’s what your customers want!
- Is small talk appropriate over chat and if so, what is considered appropriate?
- How to sound warm, conversational and friendly when you have to ask the customer several questions.
Best practices for the best chat customer experience
- Treat the chat experience like a phone call….
- The 3 crucial components of conversation flow over chat.
- How to find the right balance between free form and canned responses for the most personalized chat experience.
Proven ways to convey an “At your service” attitude
- How “standing by” while the customer completes an order or application can make a tremendous impact on the customer’s satisfaction with the chat experience, while requiring very little effort on your Reps’ part.
- The importance of keeping customers apprised while Reps are searching for information…and exactly how to keep customers updated. NEVER make the customer have to type, “Are you still there?”
- Take every step possible to reduce customer effort during the chat experience….be brief, clear and swift.
- When the chat request is beyond the scope of the chat Rep: Verbiage that makes the customer feel taken care of and also makes the chat Rep sound knowledgeable and helpful.
- The chat opening sets the tone, but the closing is what leaves the overall impression and supports the corporate brand. We’ll show you exactly how to close a chat session.
19 Take Aways From Extremely Essential Skills for Chat Agents
- 7 Grammar rules for chat agents.
- Coaching the chat experience: The 6 performance metrics you need to be monitoring (and coaching on) in online chat.
- Sample verbatim chat transcripts from Zappos, Amazon.com, QVC, Nordstrom and more.
- The 4 big mistakes poor chat agents consistently make.
- How to use short and to-the-point answers to progress the chat – without sacrificing service quality.
- The critical importance of carefully reading and responding to customer questions. Warning: failure to do this will ruin the entire chat experience.
- Please tell me your agents don’t use canned responses that don’t even address the customers’ questions! If they do, you’ll stop them after this event.
- The secret to constructing clear sentences.
- How to prepare your agents to use a tone that reflects your brand image.
- Be brief and to the point. I’ll give you the formula for limiting the number of words per sentence so that you don’t confuse the customer.
- Two super easy tips for personalizing chat conversations.
- It’s okay to use fragments occasionally in chat discussions. I’ll show you when it’s appropriate and when it’s not appropriate.
- The 4 things I want you to focus on when you train your agents for online chat customer service.
- How to properly “flow” the chat conversation.
- How to effectively and quickly close the chat conversation.
- How to write in clear language in chat.
- Techniques to help you reduce customer effort in chat.
- Discover the number one reason customers drop the chat discussion in mid stream.
- Not all grammar rules apply in chat. Find out which rules apply and which ones do not.