How to Talk to Customers: Friendliness, Tone, and Connection
An on-demand webinar with Myra Golden – Download and own the training forever
$299 per organization
The biggest problem with the customer experience in most companies is how employees talk to customers. All too often, employees come across as indifferent, cold, uncaring, rushed or rude. This employee “attitude problem” can be the tipping point that sends customers to the competition. This attitude problem is what drives customers to tweet and blog about a poor customer experience. The great news is, with the right training, monitoring and coaching, employees can learn how to soften tones, truly convey empathy, make customers feel taken care of and even make significant personal emotional connections with customers.
Join Myra for this 60-minute training event, and you and your team will learn:
- A brilliant 3-step empathy response strategy that instantly lets the customer know you’re listening and understand their concern or pain. This approach is flawlessly executed by employees of the Apple store to address customer concerns and to overcome objections in selling situations. After this training, you will use it flawlessly too.
- The best call “flow” strategy for the best customer experience.The telephone is one of the best branding devices out there. Over the telephone, you get 3-5 minutes of your customer’s undivided attention. If you get the interaction right, you can create a memorable experience, generate positive word-of-mouth advertising and build customer loyalty, which leads to increased profits. Getting the interaction “right” usually requires a call strategy or call flow of some kind. In this training, you and your team will get Myra’s researched and field-tested 9-point call flow strategy.
- How to self-monitor your tone so that you don’t come across as aggressive, impatient, rude or in any way detrimental. Learn to read the reaction, tone, and pauses from customers to know when you need to change your response. Gain tactics for softening your tone and sounding friendlier.
Program Bottom Line Benefit
This web training experience will teach you and your team how to talk to customers the way they want to be spoken to. You will learn how to develop and master the friendly tone by naturally expressing true empathy and by making personal emotional connections with your customers. When your entire team consistently practices Myra’s strategies, the result will be a noticeably improved customer experience.
How to express empathy to customers
- When you don’t feel empathetic, you sound insincere and indifferent. Myra will walk you through 2 powerful exercises to help you convey real empathy in your words, tone and pauses.
- The art of connecting with customers…make emotional connections with your customers through acknowledgement, being fully present and by mirroring the customer.
- 7 ready-made phrases that convey sincere empathy (when combined with the right attitude and tone)
How to talk to customers
- How to correct a mistaken or confused customer. This is fragile territory, but Myra will show you how to tread lightly, yet confidently. You will learn how to take yourself out of the middle of the issue and make the truth as easy to accept as a spoonful of honey.
- Exactly how to handle a problem that is actually the customer’s fault. Myra explains why you can’t outright tell a customer he is wrong, even when he is, and she shows you how to tactfully help the customer to see things the way you need them to.
- There are some words you just can’t say to customers.Myra will show you how to sterilize your communication so that you don’t evoke a negative response from the customer.
- How to make customers feel smart/good even if they ask “silly” questions.
Making Customers Feel Taken Care of…the secret to the best customer experience
- Needs are met!.…Proactively work to meet your customers’ expressed and un-expressed needs…Myra introduces two powerful analogies that will ensure your employees retain this strategy and that they have the inspiration to indeed meet un-expressed customer needs.
- Exactly how to make every caller feel taken care of...6 ideas from the Apple Genius Bar.
- The customer service icon that customer service professionals are flipping for…what Gumby can teach you empathy, tone and solving problems customers experience…This new approach to service delivery is fun to implement, sticks with your employees, and genuinely surprises and delights customers.
The biggest problem with the customer experience in most companies is how employees talk to customers. All too often, employees come across as indifferent, cold, uncaring, rushed or rude. This employee “attitude problem” can be the tipping point that sends customers to the competition. This attitude problem is what drives customers to tweet and blog about a poor customer experience. The great news is, with the right training, monitoring and coaching, employees can learn how to soften tones, truly convey empathy, make customers feel taken care of and even make important personal emotional connections with customers.
In this extended training event, Myra shows your employees, step-by-step, how to talk to your customers. You’ve gotta read this outline!
“Back in November 2012, my team and I participated in the “Stop screaming at me” Webinar. We were all extremely pleased with the abundance of relevant information, tips, and techniques we were provided with! Today, we have the privilege of showing the material and webcast to our employees and have integrated it into our mandatory training programs.”
“Worth every minute and every dollar!”
Jacynthe Laflamme, Manager, Employee Training, and Development, Brookfield Global Relocation Services
How to Talk to Customers: Friendliness, Tone, and Connection
An on-demand webinar with Myra Golden
Download and own this training forever!
Get in on this great webinar, OR get a full year of live webinars, PLUS 10 employee licenses in our Customer Service eLearning Suite, AND get our Training Facilitator Kits. Details on this Full Access Package Are Right Here.